Give Up Or Seek Help


Giving up is easy, and its repercussions are very painful. My life experiences have taught me that one of the hardest things to change is my own mindset.

I have made a commitment, many times, to change my mindset; I keep on failing. The fall I encountered last year damaged me emotionally. So  I decided to seek help, just one more time. I emailed a friend who I strongly believe would never judge me, and this is the response I got:

Dear Kennedy,

I'm writing to you in reply to the email you sent to our praise team.

We may not know what you're going through, and your pain might feel like it's impossible to bear. But, we hope you allow us to share this with you.

In your darkest moments, it can be so easy to feel like no one cares. But the truth is, even in your hurt and pain, and even when you don't feel like He is there, God is there with you. He cares deeply for you. He understands your despair even when no one else does. There's a beautiful verse that says, "God is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed." (Psalms 34:18 NLT).

Kennedy, you said you want to die to be with the Lord. But the Lord is the One who died to be with you. Because of that, the Lord is already with you, and you are never alone. You are important to Christ Jesus, Kennedy, so don't give up. His name means "Salvation". He is willing and able to save you out of any situation and will make a way for you when there seems to be no way.

If you would like to hear directly from Pastor Prince about what he thinks about suicide, here are some excerpts from his book No More Mind Games—Win Over Discouragement and Depression:

“If you are going through a season of severe discouragement, and find yourself battling depression and suicidal thoughts, I believe the Lord has a word for you today. Don’t give in to the darkness that is threatening to overwhelm you. Don’t believe the lie that you have been an utter failure, and that there is only one way to end the misery and pain that have weighed you down for so long. You are not alone. You may not feel it right now, but I want you to know that God loves you and has a plan for your life.

“There is an enemy who wants to isolate you. He is playing mind games with you. The enemy wants to make you feel like you are a failure, and that there is no hope. He wants to steal your peace, your joy, and every good thing in your life. This adversary wants to destroy and kill you. But, there is also God who cares for you so intimately. God who sees the pain you are going through, and who paid the price for you to enjoy --- not simply endure --- this life.

"Our Lord Jesus Christ said, 'The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.' (John 10:10). My friend, this is God’s desire for you: He wants you to have a rich and satisfying life, and to enjoy life to the fullest.”

Would you take some time to listen to this free flow worship session led by Pastor Prince? Many struggling people have been impacted and set free as they listened to this anointed time of worship. We pray that as you play this clip, the Lord's presence will fill your heart with His peace and love, and drive out every fear.

You can click on the link to watch it below:
Joseph Prince Ministers And Leads In Free-Flow Worship

Beloved Kennedy, we are praying for you that you'll experience His love and hope afresh for you today, and for many days ahead to come.


Blessings,
J***e,
Team JP.



The response rekindled my hope. I am still trying to digest what other victims mean when they say, "No one cares until you commit suicide." We are humans. Since we have weaknesses, it is impossible to break the bonds that hold us captive (see 2Corinthians 12:9-10). This problem can only be solved by focusing on *who* is bigger than our willpower --- Christ Jesus. Focusing on Lord Jesus is very simple [notice that I did not say it's easy]. I know it doesn't make sense, but still, we need to continually remember that Christ Jesus helps the helpless [not those who help themselves].

*God helps those who help themselves* is a myth that needs to be crushed by the stone which the builders rejected (see Romans 10:4). I tried to help myself, on numerous occasions, but there was no significant progress. It's my bad. I didn't listen to understand when they told me, "If you really want God to get all the glory, then let Him do all the work." (see Galatians 5:18).   

God has received much more from redemption than He did from creation. Religious creationists come from creation. Religion brings a sense of being distant from the creator [Elohim]. Therefore, redemption solves that sense of being distant by giving Elohim a son (see John 1:9-13).

Redemption proves that I am not fatherless (see 1Corinthians 1:30). My position of having a Heavenly Father is not an emotion. I may feel fatherless, sometimes, but that doesn't mean that I am fatherless. Redemption made it possible for Elohim to become my Abba Father. I am His beloved son, and He is my Abba Father. He is above the suicidal depression that was formed against me by the enemy. It's distressing, but my Abba Father is willing to set me free (see 1Corinthians 15:56-57). I am no longer defined by all the wreckage behind --- it's gone!

Comments

  1. Very strong reply from a friend. It is a soul saving message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The message he sent was life changing. I hope you were encouraged too:-)

      Delete
  2. Encouraging, have been going through alot untill i feel like God doesn't exist or maybe He doesn't care. But slowly am realizing that He's there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is closer than you think! It shall be well, pal. There has never been a storm that did not end!

      Delete
  3. This is the most powerful thing I have read this year. Thank you for sharing your pain and encouraging us through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts